John's Pictures

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Trimming Trees and Bushes



Catherine and I did allot of trimming this weekend; the pictures show the before and after. We started in the front yard taming the rhododendrons in front of the house from about 6 feet tall to 3 feet with some shape. Then we tackled the back yard. The left side of the backyard has a nice stand of trees, which just needed some branches trimmed back. When I started it was so thick I couldn’t get into take a picture, now it clear and I put a bench in the trees for the girls to sit on. Then I got after the bushes on the right side of the patio. I took 4 rhododendrons down to a stub, and gave the other 6 a buzz cut. Then I started doing a little trimming on the cherry trees in the back. Now I’ll either have someone haul off all my cuttings, or get a chipper and do it my self. I’m still going to have someone come out and remove some shrubs in the front, improve some flower beds, and do some extra trimming in the back. Weather was perfect; I never got hot. I did most of the trimming with a clipper and a pruning saw – now I’m sore! Thankfully Catherine did a lot of clipping, and hauling too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home